Tuesday, December 8, 2009

One Night in Bankok...

Ok maybe not, I am being forced to talk about about my weekend seeing Kara had a wonderful time bonding with her Mother driving from Pittsburgh to Cumming. Ok not forced... more like "(Explative Deleted) you better talk about what happened up there or else you're back on punishment" So I shall... (Just playing Boo)

Friday - Friday had My old Pal Rolka and I going to the Hawks Game where they were playing the Knicks which with how well "My" Atlanta Hawks are doing (as they say in the commercials) should have been a cake walk. Nope... The Hawks lost the game. It wasn't a complete loss though, my roommate Leslie was running an event for Southern Poly the school she works for (Go Running Hornets!) and got us in along with passes for a free beer (nothing wrong with that).


The seats were good. We had an obnoxious Knicks fan in front of us who was probably the definition of a Douche Bag. Luckily we had drunken Hawks Fans behind us so we knew if nothing else we were going to have a good time. Unfortunately one of the Hawks Stars got ejected in the 2nd Quarter for some BS, I think there was mob ties into it if you asked a former shamed ref. Just sayin...

After the game, I took Rolka around some of the Local Places in SONO. I told him about the "Bum Bot" at this bar O'Terrills but unfortunately the owner wasn't there. I found a video just for you Rolk... Here you go



We also stopped in for some oke at Midtown Tavern. At this point I was in trouble for hanging out at "Kara's Bar" with "Kara's Friends" without... You Guessed it "Kara" Good times were had by all I must say.

Saturday - So after my liver allowed me to get up, I was on my way to meet Neil, his brother Dan, and their cousin Bobby to head to Athens for one last Hurrah because Neil has his son "P Diddy" (as I will call him) on the way. So Preggo (as Neil calls his wife... With her permission of course) allowed us all to go out and have a good time. Which really means you're only allowed 5 minutes of fun, but we knew we were going to get in trouble anyway so away we went to the following places...

Terrapin - To all my friends who went to UGA... Shame on you for not introducing me to this place sooner. Great Beer and lots of Tickets for said great beer makes Lin a Happy Camper. This also begun the night of Random Women attacking Neil. First off some Girl started yelling at Neil and Bobby after they weren't even talking to her, then came the Globe which we will get to in a moment.

Copper Creek - This is where we decided to grab dinner. I forgot how much I love college towns. Good Food, more good beer, and Very Cheap! So Cheap that Dan threw his beer on Bobby. Ok so that was an accident, but it was the moment that we decided that Dan would definately drive back.

The Globe - This is now the trifecta of places I've never been. Now for some reason I always wind up running into people I know in Athens, either from High School, or even better somebody I went to Auburn with. Bobby and I were talking at the bar and Dan was making fun of a Girl in a Tim Tebag jersey. I looked over and said "I know her..." Bobby didn't believe me till she came up and said "War Eagle" to me. Turns out it was this girl I knew Amber who I met through my Friend Jack. Small world huh? Dan and Neil and this point are all "WTF???" So after catching up and we joined her table with her friends where Neil decided to Bless her Jersey, although Florida got Stomped earlier that night. The highlight was when this guy walked in and Neil said "I'd rather wear that guy's sweater than a Tebow jersey" and...


By this point in the night... Prego was posting messages on Facebook along with her sister that we needed to come... We were grounded... etc.

Sure enough the night ended with us heading back to The Natic Residence early Sunday Morning. It was a great time and I know Neil had fun as well. The ladies might disagree with how much fun we had, but it could be worse... We could have spent the night down town.

No comments:

Post a Comment