Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Birthday Weekend

This past weekend was my birthday weekend and I decided to start it off at my Local Bar where everyone knows my name "MidTown Tavern." I hadn't been there in a long time and since Lin went without me last weekend I was anxious to get there and see everyone.

I had to pick up my dad that night at the Airport around 7pm and take him up to Exit 11 to meet up with Anne and the Kids. I left my house early to stop and get gas, but he arrived early and I headed strait to the airport without getting gas. Once Dad made it thru the busy airport and out to the car I told him we needed to stop for gas. He looked at my gas gage and said we would be able to make it to Exit 11 and then I could get gas up there. As we passed Exit 9 my gas light came one. Once I dropped him off at Wild Wings I headed to the BP station up the road. I was so afraid I was going to have to push my car at this point. As I got to the pump I realized I had left my wallet sitting next to my Laptop all the way back in the city. Thank goodness my dad was right down the street and had some cash to save my night.

Dana, Bobby, Angie and myself made it to the Tavern right after Lin arrived from his work Christmas Party at 300 Atlanta. (300 is an upscale bowling alley on 285 by Peachtree Industrial.) Check it out here http://www.3hundred.com/atlanta.html

I had a blast at the Tavern that night. Everyone had a good time singing Karaoke and so many people decided to join us. I wasn't the only person celebrating my birthday, Friday happened to be Dana Munson Birthday and she came by after her birthday dinner and birthday Margarita's. Thank you also to Maloof, Emma, Brent and Michelle for driving ITP to help me celebrate.


Around Midnight Lin decided to "Embarrass" me by getting on stage and dedicating a song to me. For some reason he chose to sing "You lost that loving feeling". Thanks babe but I haven't. LOL but it was cute and the whole bar got up and sung it with him as they pushed me closer and closer to the stage. Once he was done I turned around and had a beautiful cake and a few presents waiting for me. Thanks Lambie for remembering the WONDERFUL Publix cake Bobby got me last year for my birthday and arranging it again this year.

Saturday I got up and headed to the Nail Dynasty for Pedicures and Girl talk with Angie, Dana and Abby . We had a blast, it was so nice to be pampered for the day. If you are ever in town and need your nails done you really need to call Lisa and set up an appointment. Dana and I have been going to her for over 2 years now and we have never been disappointed. (Thanks Lisa for the $10 gift certificate)

After Pedicures and Girl talk I went back home to find Lin had bought me a GORGEOUS bouquet of roses for my birthday and a funny but oh so true card.

We then got dressed and headed up to visit his mother in Marietta. We had hoped she would be able to join us for dinner that evening but she wasn't feeling well so we just went and spent a little time with her.

We had dinner reservations at Maggiano's at 8pm at Perimeter. We met Alisha, Neil and my mother as Maggiano's is our favorite Italian place and we had so much to celebrate, My Birthday, Neil's Birthday, a Brand New Car for the Natic's and Alisha having Preston soon. As usual the food was amazing the service was good but the management couldn't seem to figure out how to use the $10 coupon Neil brought with him.

After dinner we headed over to CheeseCake Factory for desert. MMMMM it was so yummy. I had the Banana Cheese Cake and boy was it amazing.

Sunday we headed up to Anne and Dad's house for dinner then took Dad to the airport so he could head back down to Florida.

I truly enjoyed my Birthday Weekend! A BIG thanks to everyone who helped me celebrate this weekend, it made turning 29 a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment