Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My "short" trip to Pittsburgh and other happenings of this past weekend

A few months ago my mom decided she wanted to move to Georgia since Alisha was pregnant and to be closer to us. In less than a months time she had an offer on her house. (Who knew it would happen so fast, especially in this economy) 2 months later she was all packed up and ready for the move to Georgia.

I didn't want her driving 12 hours here all by herself so I offered to ride/drive with her. So I packed my bag and headed to the airport Friday night after work (thanks Dana for driving me there). I got to the airport pretty early and decided to grab a bite to eat at TGI Friday's. I hadn't been there in so long but I love there Sesame Jack Chicken Strips but to my surprise they were no longer on the menu. I don't know if the menu is different because they are located inside an airport but I was seriously disappointed.

Our flight got in early as we caught a tail wind and it only ended up taking us an hour to get there. Mom was waiting for me in baggage claim and once we got back into Greensburg we stoped to see Chrisy, Shawn and Paige's new house. It was so nice, so much charm and attention to detail. I had brought Christmas presents for Paige and we stayed around for her to open them. Since she was up past her bedtime she had what I would call the shortest temper tantrum know to man but that was still my cue to get going.

We spent the night at my grandparents house that night and visited with them and my aunt and uncle before we got going in the morning. We ended up leaving a little later than I expected but it was great to visit with everyone and I got a great care package from grandma full of cookies and Jioio's pizza.

I got a chance to stop at my FAVORITE gas station "SHEETZ" before we got on the road. This place is seriously the super bowl of gas stations. They have everything you could ever want. Made to order food, do it yourself milk shakes, 20+ fountain drinks, the old fashion Slurpee's and so so much else. Oh and they have gas too.

It took us a little longer than 11 hours to get to Alisha's house due to the 3 hour snow storm we had to drive 45 mph thru and the numerous pee stops I had to make. We stopped at Cracker Barrel for dinner and got a chance to stretch our legs while we shopped a little bit.

I actually drove the whole way and we ended up reaching Alisha and Neils house around 1030pm. Neil, Lin, Bobby and Dan went to Athens so we stayed up chatting till they made it home. (WAY later then they should have come home, 2am)

Sunday was a lazy day for me. Lin had to go to work at 2pm so he left around 1230 or 1 and mom and Alisha left not too long after that to go to Target and Publix. Neil and I stayed at the house watching Hoarders (love that show). Once the women got back we started to make Hard Tack Candy (a northern tradition). The first batch which we made Cherry flavored but it didn't turn out well and we had to throw it away. Alisha underestimated the amount of work it took to make the candy and it took us till 7pm to finish. Not only did it take forever but it created a HUGE mess.





After dinner mom, Alisha, Neil and Envy drove me back to the city. It was a good but long weekend! I can't wait till next weekend.


ENVY BEING LAZY

1 comment: