Monday, December 28, 2009

Ahhh the joy's of an Emergency Room the day after Christmas


First and foremost, YES I am ok, Alive and Kicking. :)

I had been having some serious abdomen pain which started Christmas Eve night and continued thru Christmas day. I was barley able to eat the wonderful Christmas Dinner my mom cooked for all of us. I was supposed to help, but the pain was all I could focus on. Sorry Mom.

I have come to have a HIGH tolerance for pain through out the years and have been able to put a smile on my face and make it though it, but I knew something was wrong Christmas Night when I couldn't eat and had a hard time walking without pain. I was so thankful that the medication I took before going to bed helped me sleep thru the night.

Saturday morning was a different story. When I woke up I was barely able to walk down the stairs. My mom then suggested that I go to the ER as it could be a number of things including my Appendix. So away we went.

The ER was FULL of people, I had never seen it so busy. Luckily we got back into a room quickly and the doctors ran their full spectrum of tests. After 5 hours in the ER the doctor came to tell me that it wasn't my appendix (phewwww) but instead a cyst on my ovary had ruptured (OUCH). Now I have had cysts rupture before but NEVER had they been this painful.

I am just happy it wasn't something worse :)

No comments:

Post a Comment