Sunday, December 13, 2009

Car Update #2

Finally I've gotten somewhere. I have learned the hard way (what other way is there to learn a lesson) that Safeco Insurance is as shady as they come. After speaking with my Collision Shop when the Adjuster finally came out to inspect the additional damanage (and me calling into the call center to politely chew out the rep on the phone with me). I've learned the following that will probably apply to all insurance companies in Georgia that aren't yours...

1) By Law: It's not required for the insurance company to give the estimate or approve Original Engineered Manufactured Parts (AKA OEM Parts) for the company your car was made by. I mean cause Heaven Forbid that my 2009 Altima that had barely over 10K miles on it would recieve that.

2) By Law: They don't have to claim liability either. Yes even with a copy of a Police report the Insurance Company of the driver at Fault can say "Screw You, it's still your fault" which really to me sounds like they are telling the Police that they are incompitent when writing a Police Report. Hmmm... I wonder if I could say that on my next speeding ticket.

So I've decided that seeing Safeco wants to do this kind of stuff, I hope they at least make good on the Diminished Value of My car seeing that they don't want to use Nissan Parts.

If all goes well, The technician working on my car said I should have it back by Wednesday at the latest. One thing I will say. The G6 has grown on me. Peppy little car, but it's not my Mamba!

No comments:

Post a Comment