Sunday, December 6, 2009

Car Update

So back on November 12th, Kara posted a short blog on the fact that I had been rear ended. The damage done wasn't too bad as you can see from this picture here, however the dealings with Safeco Insurance have been less than Pleasurable.

I have been calling them everyday since November 16th because I wanted to try to get my car fixed as soon as possible. This lasted for 2 weeks where I'm sure I became a fixture within their call center. During this process I found out that the girl who hit me didn't even tell her parents who pay her insurance. Safeco did! I can only imagine what would happen if it was me pulling that on my parents.

Finally last week on Wednesday I got to put my car into the shop. An additional 700 miles have been put on the car since the accident. Then came the fun part...

Enterprise Rent-a-car: Why do they insist on Trying to give people PT Cruisers? At least the Assistant Manager was there to see my look of "Really?" when the car was first offered. This was after waiting an hour to be picked up from the Body Shop. Also this is not the first time I haven't been happy with Enterprise over the rental process, however even though Safeco is jerking me around, I was given a Pontiac G6



I don't know if you can see this close enough, but the car was filthy. It's one thing that it was raining when I picked up the car but lets take a little closer look...



I actually paid to have the car washed myself. I vowed "I'm not Chamillionare, so no Riding Dirty for me!" (It's ok to Laugh... Kara did)

So now it's still the waiting game to see when the car comes back. On a side note, it's a shame that Pontiac isn't making the car anymore, it's a pretty nice ride. I told Kara that I can't say I would be upset if the car came back Totalled. Then I can get more car for the same price. I guess we will see. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment