Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Weegle Weegle War Damn Eagle Vol. 1 (AKA: The Massacre at Auburn)

Now that I (Lin) got thrown under the bus by Kara who got called out by Neil (What a great Brother inlaw) I guess it's time to update on the events of the past weekend. So on Saturday Eric and Maranda met up with us earlier in the morning (much earlier than Kara would have preferred to get up) so we could take a trip down to the Lovliest Village on the Plains... You know it as Auburn University.

Now a few things to know before going any further...

1) Lin and Eric are Proud Alumni and Fraternity Brothers
2) Lin and Eric are also Alumni of the Auburn University Marching Band
3) Eric's wife Maranda is a Georgia Tech fan
and...

4) Kara hates football... Keep that in your back pocket (Even though she spent time at Penn State... Do you see why this breaks my heart???)

The drive down was uneventful which is always good cause the wanna be big city cops always have a problem with my lead foot and I. I already decided that if I was pulled over I would say..

"Sorry Officer I was just bringing these kind folks back to Alabama" which quickly turned into a fun game of "Things that Lin can say that the other white folks couldn't get away with"

The trip had us visiting a friend of Lin and Eric's who recently injured himself trying to catch a bus. Keith is great spirits considering the lack of phone calls from his doctor.

From here we went to Campus to Jordan-Hare. I told Kara when we got the tickets that when we went over, she was to wear comfortable shoes that she could walk in. She quickly learned why as we walked a little over a mile to the stadium. We walked through campus and pointed out places where some of Eric and Lin's Shenanigans took place. Unfortunately we missed the Eagle flying, however we had great seats.

Well... Let me say this. Our seats were 2nd row on the 40 yard line on the visitors side. It was Auburn vs. Furman. Had it been Auburn vs. LSU/UGA/Alabama/Anybody SEC... We would have been standing and the game would have been awesome. However those crazy fighting Paladins of Furman who broght a grand total of 133 people (53 of them were the football team) we were sitting down, which means we were staring right at the backs of the Furman players. So to see we had to watch the game on the jumbotron. I would have had great pictures, but the batteries died on my camera that I was allowed to bring in. (I've been playing with my Dad's Nikon D50 lately and forgot all about my Cannon one. SLR cameras aren't allowed in the stadium as the University doesn't want people to have better pictures than them.)

How exciting was the game? By halftime Auburn was up 42-3 and Kara was asleep on my shoulder. Before anybody gives her grief, let me repeat... AUBURN WAS UP 42-3 AT HALFTIME. By 45 seconds into the 2nd half Auburn's JV squad was on the field and we decided to beat traffic and head out. This means another mile walk back to the car.


Other than a traffic jam outside of LaGrange we had smooth sailing back to Atlanta while listening to the Ga Tech Game. Of course after an exciting regulation, the game went into overtime.




By this point we were at home and watching the game on TV. Kara was such a trooper to endure a game of football, Football on the radio and more on TV when we got home, I decided to take my baby to Marietta Fish Market for dinner.

Something else I've learned... When trying something new, we now do it at home first. Poor Kara decided to get the Lobster Boil which included a whole Lobster... Shell and all. Seeing she talks about being from Florida I never thought of this as a big deal till I saw the look of panic when it was placed down in front of her. She is a trooper and finished it, but if you ever want a good laugh, have somebody try to eat a whole lobster for the first time. This gave us more laughs than the movie Next Day Air (I fell asleep during that, and I think Kara is mad that its about 100 some odd minutes she's not getting back in her life)


Sunday really was a lazy day as it started with a "suggestion" that I make breakfast while she burns us a few CDs, me getting us some Ritas (Kara's newest addiction), and us bringing down Kara's new TV stand from Lin's apartment (Thanks Brent!)

So that was our wonderful weekend... I know you are jealous. This week is looking to be pretty tame, but come the weekend, who knows.

2 comments:

  1. LOL... about time you update ha ha ha.

    Kara, I denounce your sleeping and not getting hyped up for the game...why does that seem so familiar??? OHH yeah .. your sister does the same damn thing!!!

    ReplyDelete