Friday, November 6, 2009

And Away We Go

So yes we decided to JUMP on the band wagon of blogging couples. I know, I know seems sappy doesn't it but hey why not?

While I (Kara) was at work today I got this MAJOR craving for some Cuban food. But finding good Cuban food is definitely a task here in the Metro Atlanta Area, so I decided to do a google search for Cuban Restaurants in the Marietta area. The first one to come up was a place called the Cuban Diner.

Pictures looked good on the web site and they had my favorite dish "Lechon Asado", so I IMed Lin to see if he wanted to check it out for dinner. Lin did what every good man does and simply said "Yes Dear". Luckily he knew right where it was at as he lives only a few blocks from it.

It was definitely your hole in the wall Cuban place. I think I got so excited as we pulled in the parking lot that I almost jumped out the car before it stopped.

After we ordered a Tamale for our appetizer I began drinking my water, something didn't seem right with my water.

"Baby, my water is chunky."

Lin looked at me as if he was thinking did she REALLY just say what I think she said? Then he asked if it could possibly be the ice in my drink. Nope definitely not ice. Not sure exactly what it was as I couldn't see anything in it, but it just wasn't right.

So when the waters bad you might as well go with the alcohol! Sangria it was! GREAT IDEA LIN! (She gets one a day from me... That's all folks...)

The food was so-so but the sangria was good!

If you need your Cuban fix I would suggest this place, just don't go there with over the top expectations. So that was a glimpse of our Friday night. As I (Lin here now) say goodnight cause we're actually are going to Auburn in the Morning for the Furman vs. Auburn game.

Good Night Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment