Monday, February 1, 2010

Where in the World Are Kara and Lin?

Happy February Everybody! I (Lin) know that we have been major slackers in January. I also know that I was informed that the update needs to happen soon cause Kara decided to play the guilt trip card and pulled her Grandma in and saying that she loves my updates. (I already can't wait to meet her Grandparents in April when we go to Pittsburgh for the weekend. All Braves, Auburn, and Bears garb will stay at home that weekend (another story for another time))

So where have Kara and Lin been? Let's just recap January as a whole...

The Great Atlanta Snow of 2010: With Kara growing up in Pittsburgh and myself growing up outside of Boston. Snow has never really been a big deal due to the fact we got it all the time. Down here, it's a little different.



We got a whopping 2 inches of total snow fall (maybe after accumulation). Most of us growing up away from Georgia laugh at this, but things actually got dicey. Georgia does not prepare for things like this due to the fact that Snow and Roads icing over maybe happens once or twice a year. Here is a view from my deck of what used to be my apartment...

Medieval Times: The Saturday after the Snow Storm we made a trip to Medieval Times. This is something Kara and I have been wanting to do for awhile. So the two of us, got Bobby B, and Dana and drove up Lawerceville and meet up with Brent and Michelle who decided to join us as well. If you have never been, it is definately an experience. Not quite like the Cable Guy like I was hoping but it was still great.



We were sitting in the Blue Section so of course we cheered on the Blue Knight. The Green Knight was the sworn enemy but Kara had fun messing with the younger girl as we were right next to the Yellow Section. Overall the Equal Opportunity Knight (AKA The Black and White Knight) was the Winner. The Food was Excellent, so was the Entertainment and Company.



The Busiest Weekend Ever: The Weekend of the 15th was extremely busy for us. Originally we were going to go to Gatlinburg for Kara's birthday this weekend (I know her Birthday was back in December, but like I said... We were busy) We decided to save a little money and stick around in town. What a weekend though, My Car was probably thinking what the heck are you doing to me! Here is the rundown...

  • Fun and Games with the NeSmiths: We ventured up to Cumming for another great evening in with the NeSmiths. Again they made an awesome dinner and there were more friends over. After Dinner we had a great game of Apples to Apples. If you have never played the game, it can get interesting depending on who you have playing. Poor Kara started showing signs of Fun Poisoning.

  • Taco Mac: Before getting back to Neil and Alisha's we decided to stop at Taco Mac. This pushed poor Kara over the top. The great news is, I'm finally a Pledge in Brewmaster University. We got to celebrate this with Neil and Bobby C. Poor Kara wasn't in great shape though. It's ok Boo... I still love you.

  • Cheesburger In Paradise: Because poor Kara was still feeling the effects of her "Fun Poisoning" I ventured down to Perimiter on Sunday to go to Cheesburger in Paradise with the Dorin Family. Little Patrick has been growing like a weed and he has become quite the flirt as he flexed his game on the waitress. Another great place if you haven't been. Pluse anything by Auburn's most famous Drop Out can't be beat right? Exactly!

  • Happy Birthday Paul!: Now before dinner with the NeSmiths on Saturday we went to Rice to Celebrate "Little" Paul's 6th Birthday. After Cheeseburger in Paradise, I drove back up to Dawsonville to meet up with Kara and her Family to celebrate Little Paul's birthday. "Big" Paul (Kara's Dad) made his homemade pizza for the Celebration which can't be beat. Kara and I got him a remote controled Escalade. I did have fun searching for things in the Toy Department, and a few things that I thought about getting him however I knew some of the things would probably get me banned from the Raygor house. Maybe the Drum set will be next year.

Lin and his Hawks Games: The past two Friday Nights I have been to see the Atlanta Hawks play. Last Friday it was against the Charlotte Bobcats and this past weekend against my Hometown Boston Celtics. Both Games I've had excellent seats so I thank both Rolka and my Cousin Mark for the Tickets. The Hawks have a great team this season and have been improving the past few years. It's great that there are 2 teams in the city that are great. Now if the Braves can get back on Track this year and the Thrashers could be consistent, Atlanta could be an up and coming Sports Town.


Meanwhile in Kara's World: Kara spent the weekend up in Cumming last weekend with her sisters Danielle and Alisha and of course Neil and her Mom. She got to go Shopping and also got her dress for Denae's wedding. I won't post pictures now but she looks great in it. This past weekend she went to Gordon Biersch with Neil, Alisha, "P. Diddy", and Bobby C. I was almost a little jealous I missed out on that, however she brought more glasses home so it's almost like I was there.


At Least One Of Us Got To Relax: Kara said this weekend that she was just going to relax and didn't want to do much. It was good cause she needed a break. Me on the other hand, pretty much finished moving out of my apartment. I got a Van from U-Haul and my Friend Eric and got the stuff out of my apartment. Dropped off the Armoir I'll be using at my Mom's and brought the rest to storage. Eric and I had lunch and talked all things sports with Woodstock locals at Buffalos while Kara... Sat on the couch and watched Fox Reality TV. Once I returned everything and came back, Kara says "Let's go get the other 2 tires for my car" and we got to Discount Tire just in time cause the place got packed. This quick trip for tires turned into, lets get Kara's car serviced, run a few errands, and go play with Kristin's cat as well. I was beat so after all of this I told Kara she could make dinner as I was running all day.


Later that night we took in the moving Taking Woodstock. Seeing Dimitri Martin was in it, I thought it would be hilarious. Not really but if you are into the Music from that time and the story of Woodstock, I would reccomend it.


Yesterday I started unpacking my room as I've officially moved. I finally got to check out the Original Pancake House as well. I can't believe I haven't been there before. The place was awesome!


We finally wound up ending the day celebrating my Sisters 33rd Birthday with dinner at Aspen Steakhouse. I have joked with Kara that we have become aspiring foodies over the course of the month.


January has had it's ups and downs, while we had to watch Diddy suffer through some stomach issues and the passing of Ms. Wilma on my Family's side. We are still very confident that this year is bringing great things our way. (Well I am while Kara is going to keep complaining that things aren't happening fast enough)


I know I made the promise last time but I will stick to it that this will be updated more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment