Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Slumber Parties, Chicken Wings and FootBall Things

This weekend was supposed to be a lazy weekend for Lin and I but you know we can never seem to sit still!

Friday night I worked until 8pm as we had a large group of Cheerleaders check into the hotel for Cheersport. Once I got off of work I headed up to Cumming to join the girls for a birthday party/Slumber Party at Nicki's. Nicki, Kristin, Tracy and Kelly were all there when I arrived. We had a blast that night playing games, drinking Champagne and celebrating Nicki's Birthday.
Since Jeff was in Florida she had invited us to stay the night, however both Kelly and Kristen began to miss their beds (or men) and decided to head home late that night so we all decided to call it a night. I had such a blast, thank you Nicki for inviting me. All of you girls rock!

Saturday mom said she was going to make Ham Loaf for dinner and coaxed me in to staying for it. For those of you who don't know Ham Loaf is like a meat loaf only it is made with a mixture of Ham and Pork. You cook it like a meat loaf but then drizzle this mixture of Brown Sugar and Vinegar on in the end. So yummy I am almost drooling over here.

Lin had decided Friday he was just going to relax and play PlayStation in bed and he did just that. Saturday was supposed to be a lazy day for him as well however once he heard mention of Ham Loaf he decided to make his way up to Alisha's for Dinner as well.

I definitely got in my much needed Pdiddy time, I miss him so much when I am at home during the week. He seems to miss me a lot also seeing as he spits up on me every chance he gets. It's funny, when he is done eating and needs to burp Alisha gives him to Grandma and he burps, when Grandma hands him off to me he spits up on me. My shirt from Saturday night was not pretty.
Later on that evening Mike, Aubree and Kaitlin came over so Alisha and Aubree could make Super Bowl shirts for themselves and the babies. They did a wonderful job! The shirts came out so nice. Bobby even made his way over for a few beers before the guys decided to go "Pick up" wings. In our men's mind going to "Pick Up" food means order it, have a few beers, eat the food then come home an hour or so later. Needless to say they were in a bit of trouble. Shame on you Lin and Neil for dragging poor Mike and Bobby into your web.

Since the boys got back so late Lin and I decided to spend the night at the Natic's on Saturday and woke up Sunday morning with a craving for breakfast. Lin had suggested going to The Original Pancake House again but Neil had heard about this bagel dinner off of exit 12 called BB's Bagels. We all decide to head there to see what the hype was all about.

Once we got there Neil and Alisha realized they had been there before with some of Neils family. They were Uber excited because they had such wonderful food the last time they had been there. Let me tell you, they had every reason to be excited. The food was AMAZING and came with so much that you could barely eat half of your meal. They even had unique cream cheese; carrot cake, kit kat, chocolate sunday and yes those were all cream cheeses. Their home made corn beef hash was the best I have ever eaten. I totally suggest if you are up by exit 12 before 2pm you check the place out. You won't be disappointed.

After we ate Nicki stoped by on her way home from church so her and Lin could catch up a bit and for her to try the amazing food I had been texting her all morning about :) Once we were all stuffed Lin, my mom and I headed to Lin's mom's house to watch the football game while Alisha, Neil and Preston headed off to the Daily's Super Bowl Party. (Nicki had to get home because Jeff was coming home that night)

The rest of the night went well. My mom and I enjoyed catching up with Linda and Lin enjoyed watching the game. I think the team he was pulling for won? Who knows.. All I know is a made it through my FIRST Football season with Lin. WHOOOOO HOOOOO GO KARA!











2 comments:

  1. "In our men's mind going to "Pick Up" food means order it, have a few beers, eat the food then come home an hour or so later. Needless to say they were in a bit of trouble. Shame on you Lin and Neil for dragging poor Mike and Bobby into your web."

    Uh... For the record, She told me I could go. And we even brought you back Wings. I won't even get into the trauma you caused Bobby over the past few weeks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See what had happened was.. :) Be nice Lin

    Oh yeah I do have to give credit to Aubree for the fabulous picture of Kat.....too addorable!

    ReplyDelete