Saturday, February 20, 2010

All you need is love...

Since the last time we updated we actually had a first in our relationship...

Our First Valentine’s Day (Yes we are that sappy)


So what did we do you ask? Well our wonderful weekend started with Snowmageddon in Atlanta. Yes that's right we got a whole 3 inches of snow in Metro Atlanta.



While we're happy for the mid Atlantic states being done with their snow, but when Atlanta freaks out about snow, it's the greatest of all time... Just saying...



That Friday turned in to a work from home day for me (oh yeah, this is a Lin post by the way), while Kara made her way down to work before the snow started. So much for spending the entire weekend together but we can still figure this out...

Saturday saw the final days of me cleaning my old apartment. I actually met up with Brent and Michelle to help Brent move his stuff down to their new place in the Midtown/SoNo/Va Highlands area (depending on where you are coming from to get there). It's a nice place and I look forward to visiting once they have the place officially set up. It appears to be in a great area.

Later in the afternoon I finally did meet up with Kara. We decided to go to Ted's as Kara was working her MOD shift. Bobby B. did decide to join us for the dinner. While at dinner a classic case of the difference between Lin and Kara came out.

Being the more "Laid Back" one (Yeah I said it Boo!... Love you) it appeared that the Meatloaf I ordered was going to be a little late. Bobby and Kara's steaks came out which was no big deal to me. Then our waitress came out and asked if I wanted to order something different. I don't know about you all, but that never seems to be a good sign when that happens. Jokingly I told our waitress that I still wanted my meatloaf but we could talk about a free dessert. Kara on the other hand I think was ready to start something with somebody. That's my Boo from the SoNo District. They Gangsta!

The thing to remember was I think they were having a bad night. The manager comped my whole meal. Can't beat that right?

Sunday... The official day. The day you've been waiting to hear about. We started off with Kara going to work in the morning. But not before giving me my gift. It appears somebody pays more attention to my Twitter Feed than I expected. I said a week or two before after walking the mall on my lunch breaks that I wanted a Kangol hat. This of course lead to her teasing me about one of those Fuzzy ones which I said No, I was thinking more of a Baseball Cap. Sure enough she got me one that was a plaid pattern which I thought was perfect!

The night before after bringing Bobby home, Kara didn't want to stop at her place. I did everything in my power to make sure that Kara went into her apartment to see the roses I hid there for her. She told me a horror story about having flowers delivered to a hotel so I figured not to risk it. The next morning I also delivered her card to the desk along with a CD I made for her. She claimed it was sweet. I made sure to throw a few songs in there that hopefully made her laugh as well.

Once Kara finished work it was time for the big celebration. What the day was all about...

We went to My Mom's to celebrate My Sister's Birthday!!! As you can see, this weekend was clearly not about us :-)

To be fair, My Sister Kristin's birthday is January 29th. Unfortunately we lost a close friend of the family 2 days before so Kristin spent her birthday at a Funeral. So we took this Sunday to have a few people over to celebrate my Sister's 33rd Birthday.

Kara did go back to the Hotel that night as there was more Snow in the forecast for that Monday. Of course, did it snow? No. Of course Tuesday Morning was a different story. But Anyway...

So now comes the big question... Lin... Where did you take Kara for Valentine's Day?

Answer... Back in Mid January I made reservations at this Restaurant called Veni Vidi Vici. This is a restaurant which is a part of the Buckhead Life Group in Atlanta which is known for really great food and atmosphere. I've been to the Atlanta Fish Market a few times for Family Events. I've been to Pricci, and to a few events catered by The Buckhead Diner as well. Being right in Midtown Atlanta, I figured that this would be a no brainer right???

Really? Has anything else on this post gone according to a typical plan? Don't get me wrong, the company was great, our service was great as well. The food was not as great as we hoped. Definitely a popular place, but both of us expected more. I don't think we'll be making reservations here again anytime soon, but I still believe in the Buckhead Life Group.

So that has been our past week. Kara is currently back home in Pittsburgh for Denae's Wedding Shower and visiting some Friends and Family. By now I hope the surprise is out that Alisha brought P. Diddy with her.

So I'm living the Bachelor Lifestyle again this weekend and as you can see it's off to a wild start.

I hope everybody is doing well, and we look forward to keeping you updated again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment