Sunday, March 14, 2010

From One Sunday with Mom, to the Other Sunday... With the other Mom

Things never seem to slow down with us. Last Sunday after Kara told me to go fly a kite, we made our way down to visit the Natics and hang out with Kara's Mom. Kara's Mom offered to take us to dinner. Naturally we couldn't refuse.

We made our way over to the Avenues and Kara made up her mind that we could go to Jim N Nicks. Great BBQ and even better, they have great Beer Specials on Sunday nights. Can't beat that right? After a great dinner, I made my way back down to the city as I had to be at work at my normal time.

Tuesday wound up being a special day as it was my Mom's (number deleted for my own safety) Birthday! To celebrate this we decided to go to McCormick and Schmick's. I've heard so much about this place from everybody but never got to go, so now here was my chance. Being a Native of New England when it's supposed to be great seafood you never turn it down.

Earlier in the day while Kara and I were exploring Kennesaw and all it had to offer on a Saturday (quit laughing people), we made a stop in to Hobby Lobby so Kara could get her Creative On with the gift below. All stemming from (no pun intended) my Mom talking about her love of Grape Tootsie Roll Pops. As you can see, Kara loves to take an idea and run with it. Well done!


Speaking of well done, now comes the Epic Fail of our Waitress for my Mom's Dinner. Our waitress reminded me of Kerri Kenny from the beginning. For those of you who don't know that name, she was on the shows "The State" and "Reno 911".

All night she was busting her ass to make sure that we were kept happy. She even made a blonde joke at the beginning of the night about herself; little did we know it might become true. The time comes around for dessert and Marsha and my Mom decided they wanted Coffee. No big deal as the wait staff normally offers dessert and coffee. The first time around... The Coffee wasn't hot. So Kerri (as she'll be known from here on out) says

"I'll go brew a fresh pot right now"

She comes back about 15 minutes later and while trying to rush to get everything on the table... 2 cups of coffee fall on Kara. Now that wasn't even the worst part. When you brew a fresh cup of coffee you'd expect it to be hot unless you order it "iced". Now Kara did jump up in shock, but I was quick to notice that she calmed down fairly quickly which lead me to believe the Coffee once again was not hot.

Finally Kerri comes back and successfully gets the coffee to my Mom and Marsha. She then turns and says to Kara "I've taken your dessert off of the tab"

Really??? The Dessert??? Most times when this happens, the person's entire meal is free. But it turns out that Kerri decided not to tell her Manager. Well to make a long story short (too late), Kara had a talk with the Manager and we have a gift card coming our way. Because of this we will make sure to go to the one Downtown at CNN instead of the one at Perimeter.

With the exception of the Coffee incident, the evening was great as it was the first Birthday my Mom has really enjoyed in 3 years. I would recommend McCormick and Schmicks but if your waitress looks like this woman...


get placed in another section.

Today had Kara continuing her shopping with her Mom and Alisha, while I had to brave the office post DST. As I have 30 minutes left in my shift so far things have been good. We hope you have had a great week.

Take Care Everyone and See You Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment